Some of you may or may not know that my husband, P, has been living 4 hours away during the week and coming home every weekend to see me for the past 6 months.
If You did not know that P decided to pursue his career as a pilot after I got done with school. He let me do my thing and I felt it appropriate to do his thing. As I talked about here.
This job is still temporary until something better happens to come along, but there are still no guarntees on where he be going.
I wanted to reflect and answer some questions people have had
1. Is it hard? It has actually not been that bad. Yes, I got lonely but we also got a roommate around the same time and that helped out.
2. Do you miss him? Of course I miss him, but lets face it I am a pretty independent woman and like to do things on my own. Moving to Champaign has been hard for me and finding friends has been even harder. I am not as outspoken as peter and sometimes considered shy when you first meet me. This time away from peter was awsome for me to extend out and not be such a home body but to make friends and get in touch with my team and do my own thing.
3. Do you fight more or less? We fight, yes. We are not exempt from that and honestly I don't think anyone is. We fought quite a bit at the begining and started to get more into the flow of things. Since he got this job, our weekends have been more valuable and spent doing things, not lounging around. On the same account when we fight they usually last all weekend and kinda ruin it, but we are trying to be more effcient at fighting and saying how
we I feel.
4. Do you ever go see him? I went to Ohio once to see P as talked about here and here. It was a blast of a weekend.
5. Will you miss it? I will miss it because I have gotten into my own swing of things as discussed in #2, but it will be super nice to come home to a husband and eat dinner with him. I don't know how it will be, but we will just have to wait and see.
Have you ever lived apart from your significant other, how was is it? How did you cope?