Thursday, January 27, 2011
Ok so I should be sleeping and getting ready for an overnighter tonight ( i know my schedule is wonky.. oh well) .. well I have been really stressing out over invitations and now I think I came up with something great and mock center pieces too, I need all the input I can get.
my dad made the base for the center pieces =)
Friday, January 21, 2011
SO this week i have been working on my NEW office. We are getting a roommate upstairs which is going to take my OLD office I have been working on for-evvvvvveeeeeeerrrrrrrr so I moved downstairs in the basement. I have a lot more space and pretty much can do whatever I want because no one comes down here. so I have no before pictures but its a basement and I need to get a new rug so don't judge.
Wah lah! new space and organized chaos.. my favorite. =)
I love it by the way.
Thursday, January 20, 2011
P.S. I talked to a baker about the cake today.. we will see what the budget has in store for us
Monday, January 17, 2011
What I have so far.. 1. (Finally!) a budget 0f 10,000-12500.00
Budget break down right now:
a. dress paid for and done $750
bridesmaids are wearing gray/pewter tea length dresses
b. food $2000 (no deposit required because we know the guy and we have to finalize the menu when we know a head count, which has been the hardest part of all f this)
c. venue $450 (for the whole building and for the whole day, pretty siked about that)
d. my cousin will take the pictures and we will have disposable cameras on all the tables $500
so as of right now we are at $3700
2. a venue, we are getting married in an office building called the gateway building in the research park of town.
atrium purple wall is going to be the sign in area maybe the cake wall
(the rugs and chairs can all be moved to make a dance floor)
yellow curved wall is going to be the band wall
3. I was thinking of stringing these lights above the atrium to give that ambiance.
4. I found these awsome center pieces on here (which is a great blog and I have gotten so many ideas)_ the hard part is putting them all together
I also like these candles to go on side of said center pieces, but we are unsure if we can have candles and if we can't will the plastic fake one give off the same ambience?
5. I also want to do a candy bar and a small cake, which I am actually really excited to get started on and work on that. I have not looked into getting a cake yet but I will get there, it's not a priority for me right now. We will also have tags instead of a sign in book because I don't like the idea of not have a book I WILL NEVER READ and this way we can get a shadow box and put up the ones we like, etc.
6. Still on the hunt for flowers.. don't know if the best bet is to go to the grocery store the same day because we are only using them for out bouquets.
7. Still in the process of finding a band (we want live music and thats something we have always wanted) so we have narrowed it down to 3 local choices who we are going to see live this weekend and go from there.
For more wedding related things our website is http://www.mywedding.com/peterstephanie/
Thursday, January 6, 2011
So here is the before of this great little old chair..
so here it is.. the after .. I love the way it came out
I think the table is next.. what do you think? Is it weird if I pain it white with with walls or should I go black.. like the chair?
I also got these great pillows for $4.95/ each from target.. i have a small obsession with throw pillows
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
So.. I cruised my cute saving butt over to this website and they have templets that you can use for invitations, save the dates, etc. I customized this made it a postcard and printed on photo paper I got for FREE for buying a combo pack of printer ink (Which I actually needed) so in all I spent $23 for the ink and $28 for postage = $51 total.. not bad, right? well I thought so.
it is so far. Let me know what you guys think. Also, to cross off things I got accomplished is I found a DRESS!! yay! I love it and my grandma was also there to see me look gorgeous as she put it. That really did make my day. =)