So from the weekend wrap up of pictures you saw some fancy pictures.. I took a mini vacation to Cincinati, Ohio, which is about 4 hours away. This is where P live during the week and the first time I went to him.
I drove to Hamilton Oh and than we went to Cincinatti for part one
We got dolled up and ate dinner
Than took a carriage ride
to the opera
atteh oldest opera company in the US! what a cool building.
I have talked about derby quite a bit on here since Febuary.
It has encompassed my life outside of work and sometimes interferring with my love life with my husband. I have gone through many struggle emotionally, mentally and physically to keep going and to stay pumped about being on our local roller derby team.
(twice.. I never recapped on the second one, sorry)
(photo by Bryan Scott)
I have made life long friends
I have scrimmaged with my team
(this was the Vice Quads before our coming out scrimmage)
(photo by Laura Fitch)
Well, as of yesterday 7/30/12
I have a new chapter to my Derby career
we (our league) had a draft of all Vice Quads and whomever wanted to be on a home team (we have 3 not including travel teams)
I got drafted to the 'Paign
This is what I wanted and I am so glad I could be on a team with such talented women and friends. My friend Ash (Smashmouth) got me into derby 2 years ago and now I get to play with her as a team mate.
- In a bowl mix grahmn crackers, butter and sugar together. In a greased (I used butter) spring form pan evenly place this mixture on the bottom and around the sides and place in the refrigerator to set while mixing the cake portion.
- Mix cream cheese until smooth. Add eggs one at a time. Once smooth add sugar and vanilla. Add sour cream last and mix until smooth. Do not over beat cream cheese it will get fluffy (you dont want fluffy)
- Put into cooled grahmn craker crust.
- I cooked mine for 55 minutes or until middle is no longer jiggly (side usually crack too).
- Let rest on cooling rack for 30-45, than place in refrigerator for 6 hours before serving.
(please excuse my horrible picture, my last slice got squished from the tupperware in my lunch.. oops. It lookedreally pretty before hand)