Monday, March 21, 2011

fruit salad with a twist.

If you are anything like me you love fruit especially when its on sale but can never eat it fast enough. Well I have a solution for you that is high in protein and loaded with omega-3 fatty acids and fruit too boot.

take grapes, blue berries, mandarins (I use canned) and what ever fruit you have, walnuts, dark chocolate chips (thats just what I have), raisins, a little bit of honey for sweetness and greek yogurt, which is awsome for protein and is delicious mix it all up and there you go..


healthy awsome snack. I usually make a bowl of it store it in the fridge and it lasts about 5-6 servings between the 2 of us. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm excited to meet another Illinois blogger!

    I love love love greek yogurt. Just yesterday I brought greek yogurt and pineapple for lunch :) I've never thought of adding chocolate chips before though. I've got to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so so good. My heart is in Chicago and I am jealous of you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love.