Sunday, November 25, 2012

Things change

On a regular basis, I move things or change them up. 
Pretty much since we lived in this home our living rom has looked like this. 


Not bad I know, but something just wasn't right. 
We went to a friends house up in chicago a couple weeks ago and we liked the minimalist airy feel of there apt, so I decided we needed a change. 

This is what I came up with
I moved the couch on the west wall and the chairs on the south wall where the couch use to be

I made the curtains from muslin 


Super easy, sew the top and bottom hem and slide through the curtain rod
I pain less then $10 for both panels with a coupon at hobby lobby


This is the table/lamp between the chairs


The table was purchased at salvation army for $10 and the lamp was a splurge at target for $40


This pillow was made from a coffee sack for $2 fro a local art thrift store




The front counter has a gold frame behind the lamp, I like how the lamp is kinda framed
The frame was purchased at goodwill awhile ago


On the bookshelf, I wanted to proudly display our metal objects. I think it sums us up.

What do you think of the changes? We like it. 




signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me some love.