Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Not your grandma's crochet

For christmas (yes, I know that was awhile ago) I was in charge of making/buying the girly gifts
which included one of our good friends, Tara.
Who plays derby on my league.



I found this grid pattern and could not resist. She is on the boneyard bombshells and they have this thing with skulls and it was perfect.

I immediately thought of a bag/tote or something similar would be perfect, so I got working.


On the sides I did a checkerboard pattern, the bottom is double layered



The back I put her derby name. I single crocheted it all together and wah-la! 

What do you think?
signatureThis post is linking up here

7 comments:

  1. Awesomeness so very clever! Great job thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! Thanks so much for linking up to the Pinworthy Projects Party this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! That must have been a lot of work - really cool. Thanks for linking up to The Weekly Creative.

    Shannon @ Sewing Barefoot

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! That looks like it took a lot of work. Thanks for sharing at Pinworthy Projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You crocheted that whole bag Steph?? That is awesome! Great work!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This bag is super cool! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love.